Posted:Apr 19, 2019
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
When Benjamin Franklin said that in the 1730s he meant it as advice for fire safety. But like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern life. At Southern York Smile Care in Shrewsbury PA, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a perilous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Refrain from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
Free second opinion ($125 Value)
Contact us today for details
Address: Southern York Smile Care4 S Main StShrewsbury PA 17361