Posted:Dec 07, 2018
According to national surveys, more than half of American adults have periodontitis, which is advanced gum disease. That shocking statistic works out to more than sixty million people! At Southern York Smile Care in Shrewsbury, it has us wondering: how much do you know about gum disease?
1. Which of the things listed below are risk factors for gum disease?
2. Which of the items below are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that appear to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Loose teeth
d. Tender gums
3. Which of the following are possible health concerns linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of people age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following services are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafts
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t notice any symptoms.
Contact Southern York Smile Care:
Free second opinion ($125 Value)
Contact us today for details
Address: Southern York Smile Care4 S Main StShrewsbury PA 17361